LO STUDIO - BELLINZONA
CALL FOR RESIDENCIES
From September 2019 to June 2020
From September 2019 to June 2020 Lo Studio in Bellinzona is offering a residency program for the development and realisation of projects and productions, which is open to professional artist from Switzerland or engaged in projects with the country, working in the field of dance, performance, media art or sound art. Residencies are planned individually and include a working space and local accommodation. By arrangement and subject requirement, Lo Studio also offers its residents technical support and advisory assistance with press and public relations and dramaturgy.
A residency can incorporate the following:
• Studio space (3 Studios)
• Local accommodation (maximum 2 people - or to be discussed with applicants)
• Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
• Stage rehearsals with professional technical supervision and support (by arrangement and subject to availability)
• External eye, discussion and reflection on the subject chosen, questioning the creative process and the strategies of production
• Professional advice in: project funding, project management, press and public relations
• Possibility to present the result of the residencies with an open presentation, in the studio or in collaboration with a Theatre
• Possibility to propose a sharing practice situation (Workshop, Atelier, ...)
• Possibility to be co-produced and programmed during Performa festival
Documents to apply:
• Motivation letter (half page)
• Dossier of the project (max 10 pages)
• Biography of the participants (half page)
• Visual material of the project and links of videos of previous works
• We invite both co-produced and independent productions. In case of co-productions, please mention all the partners involved and if you have already a performing plan.
14 - 26 October
18 - 30 November
16 - 28 March
11 - 23 May
15 - 27 June
(*Changes may be discussed based on special request)
Sent applications to:
Deadline 5 August 2019
All complete applications received by this date will be considered and you will be informed of the selected groups by e-mail.
For further information contact:
Lo studio and its residency program is supported by fondo intercantonale Swisslos, Repubblica e Cantone Ticino DECS (Dipartimento dell’educazione, della cultura e dello sport, Divisione cultura e studi universitari).