LO STUDIO - BELLINZONA
CALL FOR RESIDENCIES
From February to August 2022
From February to August 2022 Lo Studio in Bellinzona is offering a residency program for the development and realisation of projects and productions, which is open to professional artist from Switzerland or engaged in projects in the country, working in the field of dance, performance, media art or sound art. Residencies are planned individually and include a working space and local accommodation. By arrangement and subject requirement, Lo Studio also offers its residents technical support and advisory assistance with press and public relations and dramaturgy.
A residency can incorporate the following:
• Studio space (3 Studios)
• Local accommodation (maximum 2 people - or to be discussed with applicants)
• Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
• Stage rehearsals with professional technical supervision and support (by arrangement and subject to availability)
• External eye, discussion and reflection on the subject chosen, questioning the creative process and the strategies of production
• Professional advice in: project funding, project management, press and public relations
• Possibility to present the result of the residencies with an open presentation, in the studio or in collaboration with a Theatre
• Possibility to propose a sharing practice situation (Workshop, Atelier, ...)
• Possibility to be co-produced and programmed during Events related to Lo Studio
Documents to apply:
• Motivation letter – with at least 2 ideal dates for you for the residency (half page)
• Dossier of the project (max 10 pages)
• Biography of the participants (half page each).
• If there are couple that can sleep in the same room, please let us know.
• Visual material of the project and/or links of videos of previous works.
• We invite both co-produced and independent productions. In case of co-productions, please mention all the partners involved and if you have already a performing plan.
14 - 26 February
14 - 26 March
18 - 29 April
16 - 28 May
13 - 25 June
11 - 24 July
15 – 28 August (*Dates are indicatory - Changes may be discussed based on special request)
Sent applications to: email@example.com
Deadline 30 october 2021
All complete applications received by this date will be considered and you will be informed of the selected groups by e-mail.
For further information contact:
Lo studio and its residency program is supported by fondo intercantonale Swisslos, Repubblica e Cantone Ticino DECS (Dipartimento dell’educazione, della cultura e dello sport, Divisione cultura e studi universitari).